5 TIMELESS PIECES TO ADD TO YOUR FALL WARDROBE
By Autumn Waite
From a statement scarf to a tasteful tweed.
There is nothing like a timeless, elegant wardrobe that will never go out of style. You can wear and rewear classic items in so many ways, and invest in high-quality pieces that will be in fashion for all the years to come. As the weather cools off and fall fashions re-emerge, consider adding these staples to your wardrobe this season and learn how we style these pieces to create a seamless, refined look.
A Black Blazer
Blazers are one of the best pieces to have on hand and can be used in so many ways, from dressing up a casual look to the perfect popover for business outfits. Whether oversized or fitted, blazers in just about any style will never leave the fashion scene. However, having a perfect-fitting classic, black blazer is great to have in your closet for just about any occasion.
A few ways we like to style our blazers:
- Over any dress in your wardrobe. Finish the look with a statement jewelry piece and a pair of heels.
- Over a T-shirt and jeans to dress up a more casual look.
- Paired with slacks and an elegant blouse for your business-casual Monday.
With a flair of Old Hollywood glam, a statement scarf is a great item to add to your fall wardrobe to spice up any look and add a bit of timeless elegance.
A few ways to wear a statement scarf:
- Wrapped around an up-do or tied into your hair for that classic style.
- Tied on the handle of a purse for added character.
- Tied around your neck, paired with some modern pieces for a little old-world flair.
Classic Trench Coat
A classic, tan trench coat is the perfect piece to throw over any outfit as the weather cools down. Channel your inner drama character and try a trench coat over any outfit for a classic look that is here to stay.
A pair of loafers are a great addition to just about any outfit to ground a seamless look. While they look great in any color, try adding a classic black or neutral-colored pair to your wardrobe to match most outfits, and to wear for most of the year.
Some outfit ideas to show off these stylish, comfortable shoes:
- Paired with skinny jeans, a white tee and your classic black blazer.
- With a pair of dress pants and an elegant blouse.
- With a little, black dress and some accent jewelry pieces.
I know what you’re thinking- a skirt? In the fall? Yes. Pair a timeless, tweed skirt with a pair of black tights, any shirt, and a matching jacket for a put-together, preppy look or with a classic knit sweater for a cocktail party.
Adding some (or all) of these items to your wardrobe this fall is sure to give a flair of timeless elegance to all of your outfits, and ensure some staple pieces that can be worn year-round. Investing in quality clothing that will never go out of style is even more crucial now as we all try to minimize our carbon footprint by not contributing to fast fashion and downsizing on the items we do have. Be sure to check out the items we have linked above for some inspiration for your autumn wardrobe.